Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Video Training

INE & CBT Nuggets:
Just wanted to post a quick comparison between the two videos.
I have mostly used the videos from CBT Nuggets with Jeremy Cioara but this is my first time using a different vendor and instructor.
Without trying to be biased...
The CBT nuggets are more of a birds eye view or swimming in the shallow end of a pool when covering a particular technology. The videos average longer in length with at least 25-30 minutes or so being the average minimum. However, with Jeremy's many years of teaching, there is a good flow he has honed over the years.
The INE videos seem to go into a little more into the nooks and crannies of a technology. These videos definitely seem to be tailored towards short bursts of information with no video, except one (at least in the MPLS series), being more than 25 minutes in length.
One thing I have noticed is that the flow from the instructor is not as smooth and it definitely helped since I have read a lot from Cisco Press and performed some labs beforehand at GNS3Vault. Otherwise, I would be lost when small tangents of information and different options are talked about.

I hope that helps anyone looking for different resources for studying. I usually watch, read, and do when I study. Always use as many resources as you can!